February 12, 2011

Maureen Taylor Author of The Last Muster

Next week, my blog will feature an interview with Maureen Taylor that I am conducting for the New England Regional Genealogical Conference (NERGC). 

Photo of Maureen Tayler
and Lucie LeBlanc Consentino

Here is a small preview of what is to come - a taste of the presentation that my daughter and I attended last Sunday at the Marblehead (MA) Historical Society and Museum - entitled The Last Muster.  Maureen shared highlights of her latest book by the same name.  The Last Muster contains images of the Revolutionary War generation.  Maureen identifies the daguerreotypes published and also presents the history of the people in those photos.

Known as the "Photo Detective", she is an amazing sleuth when it comes to identifying old photos of different types.  Her presentation detailed the painstaking and sometime serendipitous process by which she identified which photos were of Revolutionary War heroes and explored their roles in the war.

Photo taken February 6, 2011 at the Marblehead Museum

The above photo shows Maureen signing the books I purchased:  The Last Muster, Preserving Your Family Photographs and More Dating Old Photographs 1840-1929.

For more information about Maureen, including a complete list of her publications, please go to her 

Photo by Rebecca Hains of me taking a photo of Maureen

All Rights Reserved
Lucie's Legacy
Lucie LeBlanc Consentino
12 February 2011 - Present




5 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

I'm looking forward to your interview. Great photo of you and Maureen.

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thank you Barbara.

Maureen is returning home today from the RootsTech Conference. Tomorrow morning I will contact her for the interview.

Lucie

Cynthia Shenette said...

This interview does sound interesting. I'm looking forward to it!

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thank you Cynthia.. I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoy your interview.

Lucie

Cynthia Shenette said...

Thank you Lucie!