January 7, 2010

Mama's 80th Birthday - November 1980



In November 1980, my mother Rosanna Levesque LeBlanc celebrated her 80th birthday.  In her arms are her granddaugthers (my daughters) Sarah to the left and Rebecca to the right.  At the time Rebecca was four yeas old and Sarah was a bit over one and a half.  The other children are her great grandchildren.  From left to right:  Robert Talbot, Jennifer Talbot; to the right of Rebecca:  Lori Talbot and Christopher Talbot.


Robert and Christopher are brothers and grown men.  They are the children of my nephew Robert Talbot whose mother was my sister Claudia LeBlanc Talbot.


Jennifer and Lori Talbot are sisters and today they are married with children of their own.  They are the daughters of my nephew Joseph Talbot (brother to Robert above) and he too was a son of my sister Claudia.


My husband and I married a bit later in life so that our daughters grew up with their 1st cousins once removed.  In fact, when they were little they used to call my nephew Bob "Uncle Bob".

These old photos bring back great memories.

All Rights Reserved
Lucie's Legacy
Lucie LeBlanc Consentino

9 comments:

Liz said...

I love that she's laughing & obviously enjoying her grandchildren & great-grands. She looks 80 years "young," not old. :) One of my favorite photos of my grandma Legere is with her head back & mouth open, obviously laughing at something someone said, typical of our Legere family--I never knew her, but the photo tells me about her. :)
Thanks for sharing!

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thanks Liz.

My mother loved to have fun and a good laugh. She loved her children very much and her grandchildren and greats were like gold ;o)

FranE said...

Great picture, I love the way you talk about your family.
I have awarded you the Happy 101 award, come by my blog and pick it up.
Frances
http://branchingoutthroughtheyears.blogspot.com/

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thank you so much Frances. I appreciate your feedback and I am most appreciative of receiving our Happy 101 award.

PalmsRV said...

From my "In Deeds" blog to you -- I'd like to pass along the Happy 101 Award to your blog.
A copy can be found at: http://indeeds.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award-for-in-deeds.html

Cathy Palm

Doubly honored?!

Felicia R Mathis said...

Hello,
I nominated you for the Happy 101 Award. Visit my Blog: Our Family as a Whole, to pick up your Award.
Felicia

Unknown said...

I am giving you the Happy 101 Award ==> http://marysellslv.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award.html

Unknown said...

I am giving you the Happy 101 Award ==> http://marysellslv.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award.html

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thank you to all of you for the Happy 101 award you've given to Lucie' Legacy. I really appreciate your consideration and thoughfulness.