December 25, 2009

Three Christmas Miracles

Christmas 2009 is almost over.  It has been a wonderful celebration for our family and our extended family and friends.  It is our hope that all of you have enjoyed the miracles of Christmas because they abound.  I will share three of them with you on the genealogy front.

This morning I first found marriage records for a member of the AFC mailing list who was at a brick wall not knowing who the names of her ggreatgrandmother.  She can now move forward.  Christmas miracle #1.

Then I found a marriage record for another individual who had contacted me for help because he had been told that his grandfather was not born in the city he had always been told and believed he had.  The marriage record clearly states his place of birth as Lynn, Massachusetts but the spelling of his name was incorrect in the record.  His surname was Meunier - the clerk spelled it Munier - so now that we know this, the individual will go once more to request his grandfather's birth certificate.  He should have no difficulty obtaining one now.  Christmas miracle #2.

Lastly, I found the marriage record of one of my father's sisters that I have searched for years and could not find it.  Instead of marrying by the name of Genevieve LeBlanc, she gave her name as Jennie White.  She and John Miller married in Lawrence, Massachusetts.  Strange though that she gave the name of her father as Daniel rather than Damien and she gave the name of her mother as Delia Durant.  First of all, this last name was Odille Doiron - secondly Odille was not really her mother as her birth mother died when she was born.  Her birth mother was Genevieve Arsenault and she had been named after her but not ever  having known her, and Odille being the only mother she knew, I'm sure that is why she listed her as mother.  Christmas miracle #3.

So three Christmas miracles came my way today.  Two for people I was  helping and one for my family research.  Three wonderful blessings at Christmas from a more than wonderful Child laying in a manger.  I hope you had at least one Christmas miracle today!

Love,

Your cousin Lucie
All Rights Reserved
Lucie's Legacy
Lucie LeBlanc Consentino

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful discoveries! Happy Christmas to you. :)

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Thank you Wendy!

Merry Christmas!

Barbara Poole said...

Lucie, I am glad I am not the only one doing some research on this day. It began my day and is ending it. However, it was great reading about your finds today, you must be doing a Happy Dance. BTW, what town are you in? Are you aware that Lawrence used to have their records open to the public (well abt. 8 yrs. ago). Merry Christmas, for the next 3.5 hrs.

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Hi Barbara,

I began the day with research when I saw the two messages from people needing help. The two of them did Happy Dance! ;o) - after the find of my aunt's marriage, you can believe that the family heard about it at Christmas dinner lol.

As for open records in Lawrence, I used to go to the city clerk's office, be able to look through all of the index cards for births, marriages and deaths then ask to see the record if I so desired. They have so much information on the cards though that it was often not necessary. Do they no longer allow this? At the time we had a genealogy group at the Essex Building in Lawrence and the clerk would allow members pretty free access.

I hope you had a great Christmas too!

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault said...

It's such a satisfying feeling to help others - and a good use of skills built up over time.
Evelyn in Montreal

Lucie LeBlanc Consentino said...

Hi Evelyn.. it really is. It made part of my Christmas.